L-ascorbic acid in skin care: antioxidant, collagen production, lightening & brightening, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage repair, sun damage protection
Ascorbic acid (and derivatives that our body can use) protect us from free radicals like those formed during exposure of our skin to UVA and UVB radiation. Ascorbic acid is also necessary to synthesize collagen. In short, ascorbic acid is a safe active that will bring multiple benefits to your skin, preventing future damage but also repairing past damage to your skin by age and sun.The most common form of topical vitamin C, is L-Ascorbic acid. Vitamin C is used as an antioxidant, for collagen production, in lightening & brightening formulations, to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and to repair and protect against sun damage. Our 100% pure L-Ascorbic Acid is an ultra- fine powder. It feels like ICING SUGAR. It does not require grinding and will EASILY dissolve in water up to 25% , it also disperses very well in a silicone base.
Product Code: Ascorbic Acid -L (ultra fine powder)
Reward Points: 1
Gross weight: 30g /1.06oz
Availability: In Stock ( 5+ Available )
Price in reward points: 130
Ascorbic Acid -L (ultra fine powder)
About L ascorbic acid in C+E+Ferulic in DIY Skin care
"SkinCeuticals antioxidant combination of C+E+Ferulic delivers an unprecedented 8 times the skin's natural protection against photoaging - neutralizing free radicals, helping build collagen, and providing unmatched antioxidant protection. Containing 15% pure L-ascorbic acid and 1% alpha tocopherol, the addition of 0.5%Ferulic acid doubles the already synergistic benefits of the original high-potency formula, C+E, transforming it into an unrivaled super-antioxidant combination."
C E Ferulic is a revolutionary antioxidant combination that delivers advanced protection against photoaging by neutralizing free radicals, boosting collagen synthesis, and providing unmatched antioxidant protection. More protection means more youthful looking skin and better defense against environmental aging.
- Provides advanced environmental protection against UVA, UVB and infrared radiation A
- Stimulates collagen synthesis to improve signs of aging
- Increases firmness and replenishes lipids to reduce wrinkles
- Once absorbed, this serum can’t be washed or rubbed off. It remains effective for a minimum of 72 hours, making it an excellent addition to sunscreen.
The addition of ferulic acid to 15% pure L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and 1% alpha tocopherol (vitamin E) increases the environmental protection.
- This antioxidant combination enhances protection against damaging UV rays to better prevent visible signs of aging.
- Stimulates collagen production to help diminish the appearance of photodamage.
Key ingredients of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Ferulic Acid serum:
- 15% L-ascorbic acid: Neutralizes free radicals and promotes collagen synthesis.
- 1% alpha tocopherol (vitamin E): Neutralizes free radicals, provides the healing process.
- 0.5% ferulic acid: This plant-based antioxidant neutralizes free radicals, inhibits UV-induced melanogenesis, and has anti-inflammatory properties.